The Hannover Research Institute for Manufacturing Issues (Hannoversche Forschungsinstitut für Fertigungsfragen e. V.) is a non-profit association supported by approx. 60 personal members, 20 industrial companies and the IFUM (Institute for Forming Technology and Forming Machines) of Leibniz University Hannover.
The HFF e. V. was founded in 1951 as a non-profit association to ensure a constant close exchange of ideas about applied research between industries and the university and to directly support ongoing research projects.
The HFF e. V. pursues exclusively and directly non-profit purposes in the sense of the section „tax-privileged purposes“ of the tax code.
The purpose of the association is to promote science and research by:
- the promotion of research in the field of production technology
- ensuring the results of research are made accessible to members as well as non-members
- the procurement of equipment and facilities for research purposes as well as their provision for research work
- the publication of important internal or external research work
- the organization and implementation of suitable events for the dissemination of current research results
- the maintenance and promotion of the joint work of science and practice at Leibniz University Hannover
The association is a member of the circle of friends of Leibniz University Hannover e. V.